First Church is a thriving, multi-site church in the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati area.
Technical Arts Director
Reports to: Worship Pastor Leads: Technical Arts Staff & Volunteers
Job Category: Director Revision Date: January 2019
First Church of Christ (FCC) is seeking a Technical Arts Director to oversee all technical aspects of production for all worship areas, recruit, lead, develop, and organize volunteers, and maintain consistency, quality, and vision for Technical Arts Ministry and First Church.
FCC has a high-capacity passionate staff with a culture of excellence, relationship, and personal development. The church is looking for a self-motivated, proactive leader with technical and people-development skills (musical skills a plus).
This leader understands the demands of a multi-campus church and is adept at identifying, recruiting, mentoring, and equipping volunteers.
Oversee all technical aspects of production for all ministries, campuses, and venues of First Church
- Oversee the coordination and the quality of audio, visual, lighting, staging, and set design of all worship services in all locations, special events, and at offsite venues.
- Oversee and maintain the technical equipment and equipment preparation for all worship services and ministries.
- Oversee the story-boarding and production of video content for use in marketing, communications, and worship services.
- Oversee all aspects of streaming video content for campuses and online services.
- Oversee all aspects of live video content (iMAG) for worship at Burlington Campus.
Lead, develop, train, and organize volunteers
- Create and lead team of volunteer Tech Leads for each Campus/Venue/Service
- Establish relationships with technical arts volunteers at every level to maintain communication, build culture, and ensure consistent morale.
- Develop and oversee a multi-tiered training strategy that equips and grows current and new volunteers in all areas of technical arts.
- Lead Campus/Venue Tech Leads to schedule technical team volunteers two months in advance through Planning Center Online.
- Minimum Education: Some college education
- Minimum Experience: 5 Years
- Preferred Education: Bachelors Degree
- Preferred Experience: 5+ Years in a multi-site church setting
- Proficient in running live audio (knowledge of Yamaha digital consoles a plus), Pro Presenter, theatrical lighting, live video, basic audio/electronic repair skills, trained in video editing and production (samples of work requested)
- Strategic Thinker - Develops effective plans that are in line with the mission and vision of FCC. This includes goal setting, long term planning and establishing priorities.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within budget; Manages project team activities.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives recognition when appropriate.
- Team Building - Engaging people both skilled and unskilled in accomplishing tasks and responsibilities; Includes staff/volunteers in planning and decision-making processes; Makes self accessible to staff/volunteers; Provides regular performance feedback; Improves processes; Continually works to improve leadership skills.
This individual will be devoted to Jesus Christ and will daily commit to growing their relationship with Him.