Christian Survivors of Suicide (CSOS) is a support group for family members and friends of persons who have ended their own lives. CSOS helps in dealing with common issues and theological questions surrounding suicide.
2nd Wednesday each month | 6:30-8:30 pm | FC103
- Helps people feel less isolated: they may not know anyone else that has been through this.
- Provides reassurance that healing will happen.
- Provides understanding from others in the group about common experiences and feelings.
- Creates a chance to learn from others in the group and the grief process.
- Gives resources to seek other information outside the group.
- Supplies personal warmth and spiritual support to those at a time when it is needed the most, especially since recovery from a suicide death can be different than "regular" grief. Emotions such as guilt and anger may be more intense or sometimes there is a feeling of stigma - that others will be shocked and judgmental about this kind of death. This is a warm, nurturing group with wonderful facilitators to help provide the strength and support needed on this journey of healing.
If you would like more information contact CSOS.