The Passage is an opportunity to honor your student as they graduate from high school. Feel free to make this experience whatever you feel is most meaningful for your family. You can use all of the suggestions below or just some of them. If we can help you in any way, please let us know.
- Let your student know that you would like to celebrate their graduation from home
- Set a specific date and time
- Prepare or order your student’s favorite meal
- Make the evening special by dressing up
- Contact some influential people in your student’s life and encourage them to write a note or make a video about their appreciation for your student. Some examples would be: family members, teachers, coaches, small group leaders, neighbors, employers. Collect these notes and videos and share them with your student during your meal
- You may want to invite other family members to join you for this special evening
- We would like to give your student a book as a gift. Contact your Campus Student Pastor to arrange pick up (see contact info below)
- Use some of the questions below to engage in conversation with your student
Questions for parents to ask their graduates:
- What are you most excited for in this next season?
- What are you most nervous about?
- What are your goals in this next stage of life and how can I help you achieve them?
- In what ways can I be praying for you?
- What have you been most thankful for in your high school years?
- What were some of your best memories of high school?
- What was the hardest part of high school?
- Do you have any questions for me about life change in my own life?
- How can I best support you without overwhelming you and allowing you to remain independent?
- What is a need in the world that breaks your heart? Have you thought about a career that allows you to serve that need?
- What kind of person would you like to be 5 years from now?
- What is a song that you think best describes the state of mind/season of life you are in?
Burlington Campus, Clark Stanley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Campbell County Campus, Johnny Grimes, email@example.com
Union Campus, Brittany Mockbeee, firstname.lastname@example.org